A Note From Our Pastor
truth of the Kingdom… IT’S THE WORD!!! That has to be planted it’s not you, it’s not the church it is not something else. It is the WORD!!!!-
I think today there are so many Christians who stumble because they agree with the WORD but STRUGGLE TO APPLY it. For me what is attractive about Calvary Chapel is we want to SIMPLY TEACH THE WORD SIMPLY! Not watering it down, but see when we teach simply through books it allows people to apply it.
God intends for us as Christians to allow His word to go down deep in our hearts. He wants His WORD to:
- Determining how we think
- Determining the decisions that we make on issues
- Determining what we make our priorities
It is God’s intent that His Word would be
- more influential in our lives than TV
- than family ties & traditions
- More influential than any education that we have received or are going to receive
- More influential than popular opinion in Society
John 15:7-8 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.
Question: is the word of God the most influential thing in your life?
God intends that His Word would be the single most influential thing in our lives!!! It is my prayer that you will allow the Bible to be your Guide & your light. Not only will
you see and hear the heart of God, it will bring you closer to Jesus Christ.